|1||Name OF the Officer||L. Vandana Kumar|
|2||Date Of Birth||07.02.1960|
|3||Educational Qualification||B.Sc., Andhra University, 1984
B.Ed., Osmania University, 1986
M.B.A., Sikkim Manipal University, 2012
|4||Whether Belongs To SC/ ST/ OBC||SC|
|5||Whether Officer Belongs to Group. 1 Service. If So Indicate the name of the post & initial Scale of pay & Basic Pay||Belongs to Group-IIA Services
( Direct Recruitment) – 1989
Municipal Commissioner, Grade – III
Scale of Pay (1550-70-2250-80-3050)
|6||Date of Confirmation in Gazetted Posts||01.03.1996
As Municipal Commissioner, Grade – II
|7||Present post Held||Additional Commissioner ( Health & Sanitation ), Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation|
|8||(i)Date of Appointment to the post which has been declared equivalent to the post of Dy Collector in the Sate Civil Service
(ii) Name of the post
(iii)Whether Holding that post substantively and the date since when
Municipal Commissioner, Grade-I
(a)Municipal Commissioner, Grade III- 10.02.1992
(b)Municipal Commissioner, Grade II- 17.06.1993
©Municipal Commissioner, Grade I – 19.09.1997
(d) Special Grade Municipal Commissioner – 30.07.1998
(e) Selection Grade Municipal Commissioner – 10.04.2001
(f) Regional Director cum Appellate Commissioner – 01.09.2007
(g)Additional Director – 06.07.2013
|9||Details Of Gazetted posts held||Municipal Commissioner, Grade II
Municipal Commissioner, Grade I
Special Grade Municipal Commissioner
Selection Grade Municipal Commissioner
Regional Grade Municipal Commissioner
i)Municipal Commissioner, Kovvur Municipality, west Godavari Dist during the period from 27.04.1992 to 17.06.1993
ii) Municipal Commissioner, Nidadhavolu Municipality, west Godavari Dist., during the period from 17.06.1993 to 11.11.1993
iii)Municipal Commissioner, Chilkaluripeta Municipality, Guntur Dist., during the period from 12.11.1993 to 28.12.1993
iv)Municipal Commissioner, Nidadhavolu Municipality, West Godavari Dist., during the period from 29.12.1993 to 08.06.1995
v) Municipal Commissioner, Mandapeta Municipality, East Godavari Dist., during the period from 15.06.1995 to 23.09.1996
vi)Municipal Commissioner, Bobbili Municipality, Vijayanagaram Dist., during the period from 03.10.1996 to 17.09.1997
vii)Municipal Commissioner, Nandyala Municipality, Kurnool Dist., during the period from 19.9.1997 to 09.04.2001
viii)Municipal Commissioner, Kukatpally Municipality, R R Dist., during the period from 10.04.2001 to 17.12.2004
ix)Additional Commissioner (Health & Sanitation and Sports), MCH during the period from 18.12.2004 to 31.07.2006
x)Additional Commissioner (Admin),, MCH during the period from 01.08.2006 to 06.11.2006
xi) Additional Commissioner (Finance) , MCH/ GHMC during the period from 07.11.2006 to 12.06.2007
xii) Municipal Commissioner, Kurnool Municipal Corporation during the period from 20.06.2007 to 05.03.2008
xiii) Regional Director –cum-Appellate Authority, Rayalaseema Region during the period from 19.03.2008 to 18.11.2009
xiv)Regional Director-cum-Appellate Authority, Warangal Region during the period from 23.11.2009 to 19.06.2011
xv) Zonal Commissioner (South Zone), GHMC during the period from 20.06.2011-22.02.2012
xvi) Additional Commissioner (Health & Sanitation), GHMC during the period from 23.02.2012 to till date
|11||Nature Of Duties||As a Municipal Commissioner:
· Chief Executive Officer of the municipality/ Urban Local Body
· Responsible for planning, Implementing Different Development programs
· Coordinating with different department officers like public health, engineering, town planning, revenue improvement, general administration etc.,
· Implementation of Urban poverty Alleviation program.
· Revenue Collection through property Tax, Non-Taxes, Assigned Taxes
· Citizen Charter Implementation
· Implementation of welfare schemes of State of State and Central Government
As a Addl. Commissioner (Administration), MCH:
· Service matter relates to Gazaetted officer and Non- Gazetted Officer of GHMC
· Appointments/ Posting/ Promotions/ Transfers & Disciplinary Action Cases/ Vigilance Cases, Preparation and Maintenance of Seniority List of all cadres of MCH Employees
As a Addl. Commissioner (Finance), MCH
· Property Tax Collection
· Maintenance of Accounts
· Preparation Of Budget
· Pre Auditing
As a Regional Director-cum-Appellate Authority:
· To Effectively co-ordinate the work of all the Municipal Commissioner in the region with Superintending Engineer (P.H) and Regional Deputy Director of Town & Country Planning
· To Guide and Supervise the Municipal Commissioner of all grades in the region
· To perform the functions of Appellate Commissioner in respect of disposal of tax appeals in all Municipalities in the region
As a Zonal Commissioner GHMC:
· Zonal Level Main Functionary Head
· Executing of powers delegated by the commissioner at Zonal Level For the developmental & maintenance works of Engineering, Health & Sanitation, Town Planning, Property Tax and Trade Licenses, Urban Community Development, Estates, Sports, Advertisements, Street Lighting, Parks Maintenance.
As a ADDL. Commissioner ( Health & Sanitation), GHGMC:
· Head of Health & Sanitation wing assisting to Commissioner, GHMC covering the subjects of health Section, Solid Waste Management, Transport Section, Entomology Section, Veternary Section, Birth & Section,
Trade License Section.
· Supervision and Monitoring of street sweeping activity covering 20000 workers s[read over an area of 625 Sq.kms
· Management of 3800 metric tons of municipal solid waste management generated in a single day
· Co-coordinating with the waste to 2 energy projects
· Monitoring the activities of 1000 transportation vehicle and connected fleet management
· Monitoring of 2100 entomological workers engaged for anti large operations in combating vector borne diseases
· Monitoring of animal birth control programme for stray dogs and monkeys
· Provision for availability of Safe meat etc
|12||Trainings Undergone||· Induction Course on Urban Basic Services for the Poor at Regional Centre for urban Environmental Studies, Osmania University in October 1997
· Training Program on decision making at MCR HRD during Oct-1999.
· Management development programme for Sr. Municipal officer at Administrative Staff College of India, Hyderabad (ASCI) during May,2001
· Orientation Program on Financial resource mobilization in Urban Local Bodies at MCR HRD during November, 2001
· Training Course on GIS for Municipal application at National Remote Sensing Agency. (Dept. of Space, GOI), Hyderabad during Dec-2002
· Leadership In Urban Development Management in Hong Kong Shenzhen, Bezing & Bangkok during the period from 21.09.2002 to 02.10.2002 on Behalf Of Govt. of India
· Leadership course at Divaker Institute of Leadership Training Course at DILT during March 2004
· Training Programme on Municipal Solid waste Management ( Collection, handing and Disposal Options) at Engineering Staff College of India during the Year December, 2004
· Undergone Training on Solid Waste Management at city of Sandi ego, USA during the period from 16th March, 2005 to 4th April, 2005 on behalf of Govt. Of A.P.
· Training Programme on Bench Marking Urban Service at ASCI during May, 2010
· Training Programme on “Effective Administration- Trends & Tools” during the year June, 2010 at MCR HRD.
· Certificate on Franklin Covey Knowledge Session conducted by Dr. Stephen R. Covey on Overcoming Challenges in To- days Times
· Attended International Seminar on Solid Waste Management Expo at Singapore during the year July, 2012 on Behalf of Govt. of A.P
|13||Achievements||· Appreciation letter from Commissioner & Director of Municipal Administration for Best Collection of tax at Kovvuru Municipality in the year 1992
· Award from West Godavari District Collector and Magistrate in connection with Literacy Campaign Program in 1993.
· Certificate of Excellency award given by A. P. Journalist Union, West Godavari unit in the year June, 1994 in connection with Good Administration.
· Certificate of merit from Election Authority And Commissioner & Director of Municipal Administration during the April, 1995 for the performance in conduct of local Body elections in April, 1995 (Nidadhavolu)
· Janmabhoomi Award from Kurnool Collector and Magistrate November, 1998 and November, 1999 on the eve of A. P Formation Day.
· Appreciation Letter Received From the Kurnool District Magistrate and Collector on Behalf of Governor of Andhra Pradesh to conduct the Centenary Celebrations of Nandyal Municipality in Kurnool District in December, 1999
· Mega Citizens 2000 Millennium award received from the Mega city Telugu Monthly Magazine which is the Largest Circulation monthly Magazine in Andhra Pradesh in September, 2001.
· Certificate of Merit received from District collector and Magistrate in Reorganization of rendered meritorious services and performed duties sincerely and dedicatedly during the Year 2002-2003 on the eve of republic Day, 2003
· Appreciation letter given by the project co-Ordination Andhra Pradesh Urban Service for the poor which was funded by Department of International Development, Government of United Kingdom In Connection with the writing the article In Eenadu Daily news paper which is a largest Circulated in Andhra Pradesh Related with the Solid Waste Management after visiting China, Hong Kong, Thailand.
· Meritorious Certificate given by the Commissioner & Director Municipal Administration in the Presence of Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh on the eve of International Women’s day Celebration
· Appreciation from Collector & District Magistrate, Hyderabad District for Relief and Rehabilitation work done at Saidabad fire accident case during the year 2005.
· Certificate of Appreciation for rendering meritorious Services at MCH during the year 2006 on the eve Independence Day by the Commissioner, MCH.
· Appreciation from Collector & District Magistrate, Hyderabad District For the arrangements made during the Fish Medicine Distribution during the Year June, 2006
· Flood Commendation Certificate for meritorious services rendered in flood relief and rehabilitation operations of June 2007 floods at Kurnool District by the Collector & District Magistrate, Kurnool.
· Certificate of Commendation on the eve of Republic Day by the Collector & District Magistrate, Kurnool During the Year January, 2008
· NTR Award Received from the H.E Governor of A. P. during the year 2010 for the Services rendered during the floods at Kurnool in 2009
· Clean India-2010 award received from the Hon’ble Chief Minister of A. P. for the Services rendered in Solid Waste Management.
· Free verse Poetry & Articles on Social problems published in Telugu in Various periodicals and also aired the messages through AIR since 1980’s.